Friday, July 18, 2008

Being a girl...

Those who know me know that I am not that much of a girl. I don't wear makeup. I don't like skirts. I am not into pink. I don't even have anything to say to girls usually. Why am I telling you this? Well, I'm staying in a hotel room with two friends because I'm at a conference in Providence, and we started to have a discussion tonight about the benefits and drawbacks of wearing makeup. Like I said, I am totally against makeup. I don't like the time it takes to put it on. I don't like to feel fake. I am of the mentality that if you love me, you will love my bags and wrinkles. This is what I look like. Take it or leave it. Love me or don't. If you don't, your loss. I am sorry if that sounds callous, but that is the honest me.

So, one of my friends (who is pro makeup) asked if she could put makeup on me so I could just see what it is like. She put some on our other friend too. No offense against my other friend, but I did not like the way she looked with the makeup on. Then the pro makeup friend was like "it's your turn..." talking to me. So, I let her put makeup on me, thinking "let's humor her."

Suffice it to say, I was wrong. There, I said it just for you, Marie-Joelle! I am lookin' hot! I think I may have turned a corner tonight. Look out, world. My bags are gone. I no longer need to shop at Sag Harbor.

I might really be a girl after all. I won't know what to do with myself tomorrow. What if people expect me to get new pink underwear? That one was for you, Wind.

No comments: